CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Ladybugs, Pumpkins, Gingerbread, and The Gilmores




Halloween is over and we had a blast!- Okay, so I wrote this entry last Saturday and am finally getting it posted!- Emmalyn was cute as could be as a ladybug this year. I found her "shell" for $2 at goodwill a month back and she has been wearing it ever since. After the night was over she didn't even want to change into her pajamas. If I were her, I don't I would have either since they seemed to be pretty good luck with all the candy she was getting:) The trend followed to the next day as well until potty-training took its' toll on her pants which are now in the wash. After a few nervous moments that were definitely trumped by her bag full of candy, Emmalyn is now one of the biggest Halloween fans there could be.

Not too much new around here. Ammon is back in full swing at school, I am busily working away at creating sweets and all manner of confectionery, including my entry into the local Gingerbread Jubilee that is due in a couple of weeks. My title this year is "Santa In Wonderland". Here's the work in progress.

So, about a month ago, I purchased the seventh season of Gilmore Girls on DVD. It's the final season and much to my disliking, I only was able to see the first 2 or 3 episodes when they aired. So when I saw the season on sale at Circuit City, I couldn't pass up my chance to 1.) feel complete and satisfied that I've finished and 2.) totally and completely annoy my husband while I watch it. He tends to think that there is absolutely NOBODY that talks as fast as they do on the show. I do admit that the pace is more upbeat than conventional conversation but that's part of the charm of the show. But anyways... back to what I want to rant about- The FINALE! What the heck was that? Do they really think it's okay for Logan to just be gone? They can't break up and then just be over can they? AHHH, it's killing me. I am glad that Lorelai and Luke finished on a happy note, but overall I feel they left too much hanging and I do not feel complete. I WANT MORE!
Any other frustrated Gilmore Girls fans out there? I know I know, this is old news for most of you, but I need closure!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I got to watch all seasons on DVD just as the last season was airing. I was absolutely in love with Rory and Logan so when I saw the finale I was crushed. I second the motion of having an aternate ending of the Gilmore Girls final season. I had to simply imagine that my ending actually happenend. My ending is that they get engaged and live happily ever after. :)Here's to individual alternatives to reality!

amelia said...

What a steal, adorable costume :)