CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Enjoy!

On this overcast and damp Oregon day, I reached for a bag of Orville Reddenbuder's Microwave Kettle Corn to soothe the " afternoon munchies" that I was fighting. Now normally, I toss the bag of popcorn carelessly into the microwave, press the ever-so-wonderful popcorn button, walk away, and come back a perfect 2 mins and 20 sec. later to a bag of popcorn that is completely popped and never burned. I then take the bag of corn from the microwave and go on my merry way. Today was different though. As I took the bag from the microwave I noticed something I hadn't in the past- the word "Enjoy" scrolling across the tiny LED screen at the top right corner of the console. As I saw it, a smile instantly came across my face. "He wants me to enjoy my popcorn!" I loved it! Was it a message from God? Probably not. Was it a message from the little elf inside my microwave? There's better chances of it being from God. Was it just enough to bring a smile to my face and think about all my many blessings? Yes. That is enough for me!

Just thought I'd share...

5 comments:

Felicia said...

God must love your microwave more than mine--or maybe it's because my microwave always burns our popcorn. Miss ya, Heather!

Anonymous said...

It's totally a little message from God. He wanted you to smile!

Anonymous said...

I myself think it was the ghost of Orville Redenbacher himself who still feels the need to promote his product.

If not that, then it's definiteley a conspiracy by the Orville Redenbacher company who unknowingly owns all electronics companies and is trying to run a subliminal marketing campaign using microwaves.

One of the two, I'm sure :o)

~Brad

amelia said...

Ah, I'm glad you shared! If my microwave were to send a message, it would most likely be "CLEAN ME."

hope said...

That is too funny! I love it!! I just wish a similar message would appear when exercising on the elliptical?! "You're almost there! Keep it up!"