CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 08, 2007

A very nice, long weekend.

Ammon's parents bought a house on the beach, and, much to our approval, we now have a vacation home! Last weekend they moved from Arizona to Newport, OR and we met them up there to help out.Besides, it was a good excuse for a small vacation.

We began our vacation on Friday and took Emmie for her first swim in our townhouse pool. She was a little leery at first, but was having a blast by the end.





We headed out of town on Saturday morning and drove into town Tuesday evening. Newport is beautiful. Neither of us had been there before and we are definitely glad we have reason to go back.

Mark and Sally's house is not even a block away from the ocean. You walk down the street and there's a trail that takes you right down to the beach.

Some of the local ocean life we found...


The beach just down the trail from Mark and Sally's...


5 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

Ammon!!!
What a beautiful baby girl!!! And your wife is gorgeous too. Everything is coming up roses for you. I am so happy for you. By the way, Liz (Stanford) Roberts here. Love your blog, come check out ours. We have the cutest little boy, I think he is about 3 months older then your Emmie, he is 13 months old. Keep the adorable photos coming.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Ammon (and Heather), you two have a beautiful little lady! I can't believe how many people I have found through the blogs! I can't believe you all live in OR! Heath moved up there, and my in-laws live there. It is a beautiful place. I am so happy for you. Come and check out our blog, and we can catch up. You have a beautfil family!! (By the way, this is Hope (Payne) Holcomb.)

The Goates Herd said...

What a cute little girl! Sounds like you two had a great weekend. It's nice to have family with vacation homes. Annie, baby Goates (due in two weeks), and I are going up to my parents house on a lake for our vacation in August.

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, Ammon Cheney is all grown up! I found your blog off of Hope Holcombs... (This is Emily Bockman) I just had to post, your daughter is ADORABLE! And I have to agree with Liz, your wife is so pretty! So fun to run into your blog! You can check us out at
www.loriafamilydialogues.blogspot.com

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Heather... I know you don't know me. (I posted a comment to this post already, but wanted to update with this.) I knew your hubby in school/seminary. And I had church callings working with his dad. I just had to tell you that I have been to 'Sugarsmitten' and love your work! I love to decorate cakes and be all fancy with garnish and such, but, WOW! You are so talented!! And you all have a beautiful family!!